Frankford is a neighborhood in the Northeast section of Philadelphia situated about six miles (10 km) Northeast of Center City. Although its borders are vaguely defined, the neighborhood is bounded roughly by the original course of Frankford Creek on the south to Adams Avenue on the southwest, to Roosevelt Boulevard on the west border to Bridge Street on the north to the Trenton Line on the east.
The village of Frankford was established by the Quakers in about 1682 in an area already occupied by Swedes and Germans. The land known as the Manor of Frank was purchased by the Society of Free Traders, a group of Quaker businessmen in England.
Many business owners hope that gentrification of neighborhoods such as Fishtown and Kensington will spread north into Frankford. Others worry that previous attempts at improving Frankford have not been as effective as hoped (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankford,_Philadelphia).
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.